How to start a Beauty blog and make money
This post contains affiliate links, which means we'll receive a commission if you purchase through our links, at no extra cost to you. Read the disclosure here.
How to Start Beauty blog and Earn Money in 2023
Do you want to know if there’s a way to monetize your beauty blogging business? So you’ve heard that starting a beauty blog is a good way for women (and men) to make money online.
Making money as a beauty blogger can be challenging for a newcomer who is unfamiliar with online business models and monetization. However, in reality, that is not the case.
For several years, I have been financially independent thanks to what some would call a Lifestyle blog, although I write about a wide variety of topics (entrepreneurship, growing a blog from scratch, home decor, Home staging for selling etc).
Since it continues to astound me, I can’t help but share my amazement with anyone who will listen for even a moment.
So, what exactly is the definition of a Beauty blog?
Let’s define what a beauty blog is before we dive into the specifics of making money with one or becoming one.
A beauty blog is a personal website or online journal that talks about things like makeup, fashion, and beauty. In addition to providing readers with beauty, cosmetics, makeup, haircare, and skincare-related inspiration, advice, trends, and recommendations, many personal beauty blogs also focus on other lifestyle-related topics like fashion.
Consider this blog as an illustration: peplifestyle.com. Since a lot of the content I produce is mainly about travel, fashion, and home decor, this could be considered a “lifestyle” blog. However, I also make posts on my blog about things like starting a business and buying and selling (cars & houses).
So, in your beauty blog,, you can Blog on One specific sub-niche, like hair care or high-end cosmetics.. You can also blog about skin care for women over 40, or even skin care for women over 50…
Nine steps to starting a beauty blog to make money Online…
Here are nine important stages that will help you learn how to launch a successful lifestyle blog from the ground up.
You will be shown the most important steps you can take right now to start a lifestyle blog and a self-hosted website that you can make money from.
Let’s get going.
1.Choose a Domain name
Choosing a distinctive domain name for your beauty blog is critical.
When picking a domain name for your Beauty blog website, it’s critical to consider your target audience and the keywords or phrases they could use to reach your site in a search engine.
When it comes to selecting a domain name, there are a few considerations.
- To begin, you’ll want to select a name that is unambiguous and simple to recall.
- Additionally, you’ll want to ensure that the name is accessible as a domain name.
- Once you’ve picked a name, you may do a domain search to determine its availability.
- If the name you’re looking for is not available, you may be able to locate a similar name that is.
Here’s a tip: use blog name generators to swiftly get a large number of domain name suggestions.
You may easily discover domain ideas by utilising a free service such as Lean Domain Search.
It’s easy to locate new domain names with a service like Lean Domain Search, which is free.
Consider the following for a beauty blog with the domain name “ideas”…
Also Read: Find your perfect blog name: Tips and Tricks
2.Purchase Domain for your beauty Blog
After you have selected the perfect domain for your beauty blog, Now to purchase the domain name. I’d recommend Namescheap.
You can also use your domain name in an email address (for example, firstname.lastname@example.org).
To create an email address, you must also purchase an email service or hosting, which is distinct from registering a web address.
The Industry Leading Domain Providers NameCheap
Name Cheap Offers the Following goodies
- Popular domains at reasonable prices
- Save money by using our domain price search tool.
- When you register, you will receive free products and services.
- When you register, you will receive free products and services.
- Free lifetime privacy protection and much more.
- Simple setup and helpful instructions
- Expert assistance and advice are available whenever you require it.
3. Purchase your Hosting
4.Choose a WordPress Theme
After you’ve purchased your beauty blog’s web hosting, it’s time to choose a wonderful theme.
Just make sure to understand, for a beauty Blog site there is a huge need to be fancy, I mean to say there is no need for fancy themes because Great content and information are what most readers are looking for..
However, you can select some Free WP themes to start with.
For those who don’t have the time or skill to design their own website, you may pay a professional to do it for you.
Digitallydiv Approach can help in this regard. Get on to our 1 on 1 WP website Build service, we can help you create your website in just under 2 hrs..
If you’re on a limited budget, what do you need to do?
- Invest in a high-end theme.
- With WordPress, you have access to a wide variety of premium but Free themes.
- You can’t go wrong with either of these premium WordPress themes.
Hand Picked Articles for You
- How to make money Blogging for beginners- My STORY
- How I made $100K Blogging in 2021.
- From the blogger to the entrepreneur: How to make money blogging for beginners
Find out where to get WordPress themes for your blog here. When it comes to selecting a WordPress theme, you’ll have to choose between free and paid options.
I would suggest for a beginner like you, WordPress free Blog themes like
- Brandingandabout ,
- 17th Avenue Themes , VVIAN,
- Blossom Pin pro ( for a more Pinterest friendly Blog site)
- Isabel- Skyandstars
- Millennial theme
- Femme theme
Although there is no fundamental difference between the two, premium themes tend to have more elaborate designs and functionality than free themes.
Pro Note for a beginner Blogger
Pro-Tip: As a beginner blogger, you can start with a free theme available on the WordPress list, as you progress, you can purchase a paid theme. Just go to the theme section, click “add new,” and then “search for blog themes.” You will be given many options, and you can choose the one you like.
Where to BUY WP themes:
Theme forest has many Bloggers and niche specific Themes : here are few of them for specific Niches.You can indeed Search for your Niche specific Blog Themes to use. Most of them Cost less than $40.
Envato Elements : The only creative subscription you need- Individual plan – From $16.50/m
Make it look pretty:
You can improve the appearance of your blog by installing a theme.
Choose “Appearance” from the menu on the left, and then click “Themes” when it appears. Click “Add new”. You are now able to select from among thousands of topics.
You could try selecting different colours or features like the “right sidebar.” If you’re at a loss for what to do next, try looking for “fashionista” or “themify.” There are many free themes available.
Have a good time with it! But do not overdo it… Trust me when I say, It’s your blog content that readers will be more interested in than the looks of your blog site. But, if you’re just starting out as a blogger, I’d keep it simple and pretty, but not overdone.
5.Download and activate WordPress Plugins
The plugin repository in WordPress is vast, covering a wide range of possible uses. Websites that use too many plugins may load slowly in general..
So, I don’t recommend installing every plugin. Consider installing the Rankmath plugin for SEO, the Elementor( Page Builder) elementor takes care of forms & popups, and you do not need additional Plugins, WP Rocket( optimization); and Google Site Kit (for Google Analytics). Download the Google site Kit here for free
6.Publish Your Key Page Content
Essential Pages To Publish
The following are essential pages to add to the sports blog:
- Affiliate Disclaimer Policy & T&C pages
- About Us – An about us page is a comprehensive page on your blog where readers can learn more about you and your blog.
- Contact Us – Visitors typically utilise the contact us page to contact an individual or organisation with a specific issue or question. They facilitate the user’s ability to communicate with you.
Also Read:CREATE YOUR BLOG’S MUST-HAVE PAGES
7.Get used to Keyword Research Tools
Any blog worth its salt has to have access to a keyword research tool. Semrush is the SEO tool you should use if you are seeking the best keyword research tool.
Recently, we have started using a new SEO tool called Keysearch. co tool for keyword search.
This tool is very cost-effective and also beginner-friendly (as some of our Writers & team members are quite new to keyword search and competition analysis), and love the way it offers Keyword Searches and content recommendations.
Google Trends is a website that was developed by Google to help users gain a better understanding of the popularity of top search queries in Google Search across a variety of geographic locations and language variants.
This web page makes use of graphs to compare the search volume of various queries over the course of time..
8.Get started by Writing Beauty( makeup, Skincare Or Haircare) related Articles..
It is time to begin writing articles that are relevant to your specialty at this point. There are two distinct kinds of posts that can be written on your blog. The first one is a deciduous one, and the second one is an evergreen that changes with the seasons.
Evergreen content is defined as something that will continue to be of interest to site visitors over an extended period of time. On the other hand, seasonal content is anything that is only useful for a certain amount of time.
9. How can you make money from blogging about Beauty? 5 of the best methods!
So, how can you get started generating money from a blog about beauty? How many methods are there to solve this problem?
However, we’ve compiled a list of proven strategies to earn money from beauty blogging in the year 2023.
1.Promoting products You love (affiliate marketing).
The best approach to monetizing any blog, even a beauty blog, is through affiliate marketing.
Here’s some good news: affiliate marketing can bring you a LARGE income if done right.
- In order to begin advertising their products, several Home decor product manufacturers provide affiliate programmes.
- Because you can make money while you sleep with affiliate marketing, starting a beauty blog is a terrific method to supplement your income.
- When someone clicks on one of your links or photos and makes a purchase after clicking on it, you’ll get compensated. It’s that simple.
So, how can you use affiliate marketing to make a lot of money?
The following are some helpful Tips:
Finding a high-quality product to advertise is a great method to generate money through affiliate marketing.
- Do your research before purchasing beauty supplies from an unreliable source. In addition, you should select a product that is in high demand and likely to pique people’s curiosity.
What’s the secret to making more money with affiliate marketing?
- Find a product that earns you a lot of money for each sale.
- The commission structure is an important consideration while deciding which product to promote.
- If you want to make more money on each sale, go for a product with a high commission rate.
Top 3 Affiliate Market Places we recommend for identifying high-paying items in the beauty industry or business.
For your final step, you need to generate helpful material that will assist you to sell your products:
- This information must be both useful and interesting in order to entice customers to make a purchase.
- Be sure to publish pieces that are creative, entertaining, and informative in order to attract people to your site..
- Don’t worry if you’re not an expert — simply use your own personal experiences with animals to create fresh stories.
- Case studies on beauty or makeup training and care are another great way to share your knowledge
2.Sell Digital Products/Premium Content
Digital products are some of my favourites to offer for sale on my own blog.
It may sound complicated to sell something digitally, but all you’re doing is providing customers with a link to a download page.
Create a downloadable e-book on any topic that people ask you about or that you see people searching for online (do your keyword research).
- Guides on how to do something- Like how to apply highlighter perfectly
- Motives and thoughts about skincare serve as roadmaps.
- Handbooks of helpful hints for makeup and skincare
- Frequently Asked Questions with Direct Purchase Options
Multiple media formats, such as videos, audio recordings, worksheets, and printables, could be incorporated into the course.
- “How to”Videos
- Printable List of products to solve a particular issue.-For instance complete Night skin care routine step by step with products to use.
- Internet-based lecture (a collection of emails) with supplementary materials (such as downloadable links)
Mood boards can also include a shopping list and affiliate links for the featured items, though it’s important to remember that products can go out of supply or be discontinued at any time.
- Inspiration: Mood Boards for makeup for different skin tones.
- Inspirational boards for Makeup & Skin care
- Clipart mood boards
- Boards depicting varying degrees of moods in regards to furniture
Tools and resources for the Beauty Industry & the beauty community at large
If you have a lot of experience in your field, you probably know the answers your audience or readers are looking for.
It’s possible that you’ve developed a client acquisition or maintenance strategy that’s particularly effective for you and that you believe would be useful for other beauty Experts and Bloggers.
Or maybe you’re the go-to person in your group for guidance on a given subject; if so, put your head and heart into creating some tools or templates for others just getting started. In this category would include items like a questionnaire, welcome package, or project proposal sample for use with new clients.
- Makeup & skincare
- Helpful hints on new & Latest products on anti-aging
- Some Inspiration for Blog Posts
- Questions for new customers
- Invitation pamphlet
- Example of a Proposal for a Project
- Materials Inventory
Aside from maintaining your beauty blog, you can also teach a course on how to help women look their best online. The course can be hosted on SkillShare, but you can sell and promote it through your beauty & fashion website.
The best part about making a digital asset is that you can keep making money off of it for years to come by selling copies of it.
Some of the best beauty Blogs to follow
3.Displaying advertisements on Your blog.
In the same vein, beauty bloggers can earn a lot of money from advertising. Earnings from your blog’s display ads (or YouTube channel). Ad revenue can be thought of as a billboard on your website that is strategically placed at various points throughout the content.
Ad publishers can post adverts on websites via display ad networks, a sort of internet advertising network.
The display ad network subsequently sends the advertising to the relevant websites after advertisers bid on the placement of these adverts.
With Google AdSense, millions of website owners are able to earn money through advertising.
AdSense or Media.net (or any other display advertising network) is all you need to join and start making money.
The amount of money you make from these ad networks is directly proportional to the volume of visitors your website receives.
The more people that read your beauty blog, the more money you’ll generate from it. It’s that simple.
The choices for AdSense replacements are many, including but not limited to:
- a variety of other tools
4. Selling your own Beauty products Online:
You can also monetize your beauty blog by selling physical products to your readers. Please consider the following illustrative examples…
You can sell makeup items, skin care products, perfumes, hair care products, and anti-aging products online.
Customers who simply happen upon your website can make purchases there. You can increase your profit margin by charging more for the goods you sell in exchange for the “personal shopping” service you provide.
I have another suggestion for monetizing your website…
You can start your own online business by purchasing products in bulk, like cosmetics, hair care products, or whatever else strikes your fancy.
Do not forget to market your blogs on Social media & Pinterest.
Take into account the many social media sites frequented by your clientele & Readers. In order to effectively reach a wide audience via social media, your strategy should not be limited to just one channel of communication.
Many people in your target demographic may be active on Facebook, Instagram, and TikTok throughout the day, offering you three chances to showcase your content.
Instagram, Facebook, TikTok, YouTube, Pinterest (a visual search engine), and Twitter (for micro Tweets)are just some of the social media platforms you should be familiar with. But you don’t have to spend money on making a plan for each of these channels.
Beauty Industry Social Media Statistics
Global beauty is massive. There’s something for everyone, from cheap teenage lip-gloss to luxury labels. Every woman—and increasingly men—uses beauty products. Social media marketing reaches most of those potential clients.
Harvard Business School found that 62% of women follow beauty influencers on social media. Social media influencers led the pack at nearly 67%, followed by third-party product evaluations at 59% and beauty professionals at 55%. Public personalities and celebrities received 34%, while company ads received 44%.
- China (13%), Japan (8%), and the U.S. (20%) dominate the global beauty market.
- 86% of the top 200 beauty videos on YouTube were made by creators (vs. branded or professional content).
- U.S. beauty consumers say YouTube is their No. 1 digital source for beauty content, followed closely by Google Search.
- Over 45% of beauty customers watched YouTube “how-to” video before buying a Beauty product
Think about what kinds of apps your target audience is most likely to be using.
Checkout my article – Pinterest Marketing Strategy to make more money from your Blogs in 2023
When it comes to posting in social media Platforms Put quality ahead of quantity.
Focus on providing consistent, high-quality updates rather than posting as often as possible across as many platforms as feasible.
Too many poor-quality postings can get your account flagged as spam on various social networking platforms.
In addition, you or a member of your team managing your social media could run into difficulties when publishing becomes more frequent and frequent.
Content ideas for social media and the beauty Blog
“How to “Guides
Most beauty content on social media is product-focused, but brands contribute value to keep it from being overwhelming.
User-generated content Beauty brands know that their fans are their best advertisers.Thus, social media and beauty thrive on user-generated material. Encouraging followers to identify themselves in images provides social proof and a continual stream of organic marketing to convince wary clients.
Successful beauty brands value community as well as products.
Post Giveaways & Contests
Beauty brands prove social media contests will last. Giveaway posts are popular because they reward current followers and attract new ones.
Questions and Answers ( FAQs)| How to Start a beauty Blog
Here are some of the most often-asked questions about beauty blogging.
When and how should you start a beauty Blog in 2023?
Make a decision on WordPress, get web hosting from Bluehost, and install WordPress on that hosting platform. If you’re interested, here’s a step-by-step guide on how to establish a blog in the year 2023.
Is it possible to make money with beauty blog?
Blogs about makeup, skincare, hair care, and anti-aging products can be lucrative businesses.
Beauty experts advise viewers on makeup application and skincare routines.
At-home bloggers are being hired by brands to promote their products. Lancome’s online makeup artist is 2006 beauty blogger Michelle Phan. Her over two million members compared to Lancome’s just mere four thousand, making the relationship beneficial( source)
HOW MUCH MONEY DO beauty BLOGGERS MAKE?
According to ZipRecruiter, the average yearly income of beauty bloggers is $37,500/year and can reach $88,000/year.
This seems like a very low estimate of how much social media can change how people think. I consider myself a mid-tier style blogger and gross multiple six figures a year.
To what extent do bloggers receive compensation for their work?
Bloggers can earn money through a variety of channels, such as paid collaborations, affiliate commissions, in-blog advertising, product/service sales, coaching, consulting, and more.
How exactly do beauty bloggers rake in cash on social media platforms?
The beauty bloggers make money on Instagram in a variety of ways. This can be anything from paid brand sponsorships to affiliate marketing with LTK to swipe-ups in Instagram Stories that contain affiliate links.
How do you come up with blog post ideas?
- Finding blog article ideas in your field may be done with the help of tools such as Reddit, Quora or Keysearch.co
- You may also conduct research on the most popular websites in your business in order to come up with high-performing pieces.
- Our very own Google Search it self- finds Low Competition long keywords to start your Blog
What is the best way to drive traffic to a Beauty blog?
Here are a few of the best ways to get more people to visit a beauty blog.
- SEO (keyword research, link building, and content development)- Organic Traffic
- Email marketing
- Social Media Marketing
- Use Pinterest
- Contributing articles to other beauty related websites- Guest Posting
- Paid Advertisements (on Google, Facebook, Instagram, etc)
Do Beauty blogs generate any revenue?
Beauty blogging can be used to make money in a variety of ways, including selling affiliate products, Display ads, Sponsored posts
– offering their own line of Beauty( makeup & Skincare) merchandise
-Sales of premium material such as eBooks and membership sites, among other things – advertising – sponsorships, sponsored reviews, collaborations, and other forms of partnership
Lastly, some thoughts on beauty blogging.
Making money online with beauty blogging is a fantastic opportunity to interact with other makeup/ skin care Influencers and specialists, learn about makeup & skin care and connect with other makeup and skincare lovers.
- If you own or operate a beauty-related business, it may also be beneficial in terms of marketing your enterprise.
- If you don’t already have a beauty blog or website, now is the perfect moment to start one.
- For your beauty blog, come up with a memorable name. Choose a topic for your blog and stick to it.
- You may write about any sort of beauty (makeup, Cosmetics, Hair care, skin care, and so on…) or you can focus on a specific type.
- Then begin developing material that is both intriguing and instructive.
- Do you have any queries about launching a beauty blog?
- Contact us. Please share your thoughts in the comments section